Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Top Ten Summer Lipsticks


L to R: MAC Viva Glam V (lustre), MAC Hot Gossip (cremesheen), Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach, Rimmel Moisture Renew in Pink Chic, Too Faced Juicy Melons, Loreal Color Riche Velvety Fuchsia, Milani Hot Pink Rage, Maybelline Color Sensational Fuchsia Fever, Revlon Super Lustrous Love That Pink

Here are my most worn lip products over the summer! Some drugstore, some high-end. Click on the names to find where to purchase!

1. MAC Viva Glam V (lustre) - This is a great shade for lots of skin types and for nearly any season. A great staple to have. Not as smooth and balmy as the rest, but it does last a fair amount of time.

2. MAC Hot Gossip (cremesheen) - My newest MAC lipstick. On me, it's a "my-lips-but-better" shade but it could come off more pigmented on someone else. Looks great with a pink or nude lipliner, or none at all. Whoa! Crazy!

3. Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach - I love these things! I have 2 and intend on getting more. Easy to apply, I usually don't need a mirror. They provide enough color while still being moisturizing, but not as silky or balmy as Maybelline Baby Lips.

4. Rimmel Moisture Renew in Pink Chic - Classic pink. Can't go wrong!

5. Too Faced La Creme in Juicy Melons  - I LOVE this formula! So smooth and great opaque color. Can't get enough of this coral color.

6. Loreal Color Riche Caresse Velvety Fuchsia - This is a sheer fuchsia that looks, color-wise, really similar to #7, but doesn't last as long. Great to throw on as you're running out the door. Easy, breezy, beautiful... Loreal?

7. Milani in Hot Pink Rage - To be honest, I haven't worn this a ton, but it was a good purchase and I feel like the whole range of these lipsticks is a good one, with a good price. They do kind of taste like plastic though... Great colors. Check them out at CVS.

8. Maybelline Color Sensational in Fuchsia Fever - This is a more pink fuchsia than #6. This is one of the Maybelline Vivids line, so they are extremely vibrant. But they don't taste very good, to be honest.

9. Revlon Super Lustrous in Love That Pink - This hot pink/cherry color is as opaque as they come! I would wear a lipliner with this one. A fun, warm, bright color for spring/summer.

10. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion - Love. In form of a lipstick. Wow. My first Chanel purchase was definitely not planned, but I was drawn in by this limited edition. It's silky and not sticky, and a great color. Also after the balminess (is that a word?) has worn off, it leaves a nice stain. I validate this purchase by knowing that it lasts longer than most.

What were your favorite lip products this summer? 

1 comment:

  1. The photography on your blog is so lovely number 9 looks sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete