Thursday, August 22, 2013

Purse Essentials

I am known to stuff as much as possible in a purse. I never want to be caught in a bind without a pair of travel scissors or a nail file. I think this means I'll be a super overbearing prepared mom. I've narrowed it down to the essentials in this post (although I'd still suggest travel scissors and a nail file and at least 6 lip products.)

1. Travel hairbrush - one with a mirror is a bonus!
2. Travel deodorant - cuz u don't wanna smell
3. A versatile lip product like Dior LipGlow - somehow it chemically reacts with your lip color to give you the perfect "flush" - also it's more moisturizing than a lipstick.
4. This Batise dry shampoo is my favorite - plus it comes in a cute little baby can for just a few bucks.
5. Bobby pins are essential. I think I keep around 5 in every nook of my room and bag. You never know when you'll need to pin back your bangs, or are having a terrible hair day.
6. A waterproof eyeliner. I never thought I'd need to reapply an eyeliner, but sometimes it's just the boost you need to go out after work or if you overslept and didn't have time to get fully ready. (make sure you get one that doesn't need to be sharpened!)
7. This powder is a good, light coverage and comes with a puff and mirror, which is helpful because I'm not carrying a brush and powder is pretty impossible to apply with your hands.
8. A concealer is great to have and this one can be used underneath your eyes or on blemishes. Thin and easy to use, but covers well. Again, touch up after work -- never know who you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment