Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spotlight: Revlon Lip Butters

These things are awesome. Hence why I have six. Allow me to sing their praises...


These little guys are moisturizing lip colors for all ages. They are perfect for a night out with a full face of makeup, or that one thing you grab as your running out the door. Probably the easiest lip product to apply, aside from clear lip balm. Their texture stays on the lips for a good amount of time, but I wouldn't call them long-lasting. As you can see from the swatches below, they all have a nice sheen. The perfect in-between for teenagers or those just getting into make up. 

Let's get into the colors I have:



  • Candy Apple is a great true red. It can be sheer (as shown) or full on red when added over a lip liner.
  • Sugar Plum is the favorite out of the bunch. It's a great "my lips but better" color and is my go-to for work days.
  • Lollipop is a fun hot pink. Again, it can be sheered out or can offer the vibrancy of a lipstick. Love this color for spring!
  • Cupcake is a pigmented baby pink. While I don't love this on my skin tone, I think it would be beautiful on brunettes or someone with darker skin. 
  • Sugar Frosting is a basic light pink. Doesn't offer a ton of color for me, but it does have shimmer which can be a great pick-me-up.
  • Creamsicle is an orange-based nude. It's a good nude and I haven't had enough time with it to use it a ton. Seems like a good one to own though. 
This is a great product that I think every girl should own. It can be found at drugstores for (usually) less than $10! 

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. As per your recommendation, I went out and grabbed some as soon as I saw they were on sale at CVS. I got Sugar Plum, Berry Smoothie, and Raspberry Pie and I love all three. I'm not usually a lipstick gal but I love the texture of these and the color is, surprisingly, long last for me!
    Thanks for the recommendation, Sabie! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete