Sunday, March 17, 2013

How to: Look Your Best When You Feel Your Worst


So it's that season for allergies, the flu, and weird viruses that never seem to go away. Here are some makeup tips for when you feel nasty, but don't want to look like it! I use a lot of cream products for added moisture, and not to look too powdery. Also they are super easy and quick to apply. 

FACE



My first tip is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. After cleansing the face, use a moisturizer and an eye cream. This will help your suffering skin and help your makeup look smooth and natural. This is always true, but especially important when you're not feeling so hot. 

Next I like to use a light, yet moisturizing (see the trend here?) foundation. You want to even out your skin tone without being too heavy. This Bobbi Brown one is great and Neutrogena Healthy Glow is a great drugstore alternative. 


Concealing is important on these days and I love a good corrector for under eye circles. When you feel sick, your eyes can be red and tired. This will brighten and lighten that area. I like to use a concealer brush or just my finger. This one is from Bobbi Brown.


                  
Another good concealer to layer on top is the Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Rollerball concealer. This is a nice light alternative that has a metal rollerball for easy application. Apparently that helps somehow. Easy to find at all drugstores.





For blush, I like to use a cream blush that is easily blendable. This Bobbi Brown one (I like the brand ok?!) is called Sheer Lilac and it works nicely for my fair skin tone. I wouldn't use anything too dramatic for these days, but something that builds well and looks natural. 


Highlighting is a great technique to add that extra glow (where you want) to distract from a less flattering part of your face like your untamed brows or something you don't have time or energy to fix. Place a highlighter like the Benefit High Beam shown above at the tops of your cheekbones. 

EYES




Adding some brightness around the eyes is important, just like the corrector I mentioned. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes is perfect for the inner rim of your eye where it can be red or puffy. (found at drugstores)

Benefit Eye Bright is great for that same area, as a pinker tone, and also below the eyebrow for added lift. 


Curling your lashes can open your eyes up and make you look well rested! 

LIPS


I like to use an easy, yet bright balm for (you guessed it...) moisture. These are so easy to apply and you don't need a mirror (gasp!). 

(A gloss would be good too, but I'm just not a gloss kinda girl. I can't get over the stickiness. And my hair gets stuck in it.)


I hope you found this helpful! Let me know if you use any of these tips! 

*This post is not sponsored and none of these companies (sadly) know who I am. I purchased everything myself. 

1 comment: