Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sweet Sundays: The Ritual



Sundays are my jam. My pampering ritual before the work week starts is one of my favorite things. 

I start with a piping hot bath. Since I'll be washing my hair, bath salts or bubbles aren't really a good choice. I use my regular shampoo and follow with a deep conditioning mask for about 10 minutes (this one by Macadamia is the best best best). I have pretty fine hair, so I keep the mask out of my roots to cut down on grease. 

While that's workin' I'll use this C Booth scrub all over. This stuff is pretty great - it's super moisturizing, smells good, and gives you enough exfoliation without making it raw. I'll shave my legs after that, rinse the hair mask and get out of the bath. 

Now it's face masque time --- can someone tell me if there's a difference between a mask and a masque? This is one of those green, slimy masques that dries up all your nasty stuff. Honestly it's one of the few masques where I can see a difference after I use it. After I wash it off with a hot towel, I'll use an old school Biore strip to get out what the masque couldn't. These are so rewarding... to see all that crap come out of your skin. I want to try these black ones and see if they work even better. 

The only time I apply body lotion is right out of the bath or shower. I really hate the greasy feeling and luckily my skin doesn't really need it. So I'll take this opportunity to use this Jergen's lotion about three times a week (probably five in the summer). I've been using the firming kind and I really don't know if it makes a difference but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. 

Eye creme, you sneaky SOB. You take my money because the counter lady told me I needed to buy you. I really can't tell a difference, but it feels nice and I'm sure it helps somehow... Maybe I'll understand when I'm older. 

But dat sleeping facial tho. This thing is pretty great. It's basically a heavy night creme that soaks into the skin fast and is non-greasy. I use this most nights. 

After all that I'll paint my nails. Check out a quick tip here. 

So that's it. I'll grab a glass of wine and watch a few episodes of a TV show and spend too much time on Pinterest and then go to bed. 

How do you spend your Sunday's? Anything special you do to get ready for the week?




No comments:

Post a Comment