Sunday, January 27, 2013

Spotlight: Coconut Oil


Looking for an all-natural, cheap, does-it-all product? Enter: coconut oil.

  

You'd be surprised how many ways you can use coconut oil. In fact, this article says you can use it 101 different ways. This article, and others, mention how you can put it in pretty much any food and it will improve circulation, energy, allergies, or as a vegetable oil replacement, among other things. Now, I am a little grossed out by the idea of eating it, but who knows what I'll do next! It doesn't have a scent and I don't think it has a taste... maybe I'll test that out next.

Basically, I see this as the Windex from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Cheap and lots of uses.

          

The way I use it most:
  • Hair treatment: At night, I will coat this throughout my hair, concentrating on the ends. Then I throw it up in a bun and hit the hay. When I wake up in the morning, I shower and it leaves my hair soft and moisturized, but not greasy(!!!). 
  • Shaving: This is a new use in my world, but it works great! Just rub it all over your legs and shave normally. Be careful not to use too much because it will clog your razor. Talk about annoying. 
  • Chapstick: As easy as that! Just rub on yo lips, girl.
  • Cuticle oil: Apparently it can help your nails grow, but I just use it as a moisturizer. 



L what it looks like when you scoop it out 
R what it looks like when you rub it together in your hands


 Here are some other articles mentioning less common ways to use coconut oil: here, here, and here.

Let me know if you try it out! 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil! A lot of people don't know how awesome it is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete